Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Crossroads

As most of you know, Matt is being released today and should be back in town tonight. Our plan is to let him stay with us for seven days, using that time to help him get back on his feet, as best as we are able.

Emotions are running pretty high, and they run the gamut: happiness to dread. It's so hard to hope when hopes have been dashed so many times. I was talking to someone yesterday, trying to explain how I felt. I miss the funny, playful Matt of about third or fourth grade. He has the capability to love, he showed it then. I'm so sorry for the turn his life has taken. We tried so hard to guide him in the right direction, but couldn't save him from his own decisions.

I guess it's safe to put my wish out there among you, those whom I love and who love me best: my Christmas wish for Matt is to find a peaceful, productive life, surrounded by his family. He says he's changed and I hope he has, especially for his sake. So the next few days are a crossroads for him and for us. He can do the work he needs to do to achieve the life he says he wants. Or he won't. Send prayers and good thoughts our way.

1 comment:

  1. We are with you Kathy in thoughts and prayers!I hope your Christmas wish comes through!

    ReplyDelete