Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell, 2011

And I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. What is it that always makes you think next year will be better? Ah, yes, Hope, and a belief in following the plan God set out for you. There are a lot of lessons in the events of the last year, including:

1. Love your family and be grateful for every second you have with them.
2. Remember that everyone has chosen a path, and if you can't agree with or support that path, let them go on. You cannot change them, you can only pray that the way they're going will lead them where they need to be.
3. Accept the fact that the house will never be completely clean, the work will never be done, and that the world doesn't really care if it is.
4. Make sure you spend at least some time every day doing something that you love.
5 Stop trying to make yourself the perfect person and appreciate the person that you already are.
6. There really aren't very many "things" that you need in your life. Be careful about which ones you let in.

My first goal for 2012 is to purge. I'm not sure how to measure this; all I know is that I'm surrounded by "stuff" that really means nothing to me, and in many ways it makes life harder. More stuff to clean around, more stuff to walk around. I'll check back on this one in a month. How are you starting the new year?

I hope everyone has a great 2012. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment