Friday, February 15, 2013

Vengeance by Benjamin Black

Seems like I've done nothing but book reviews lately. Since the Kindle found its way into the house, I've been pushing myself to read the "real" books sitting on the shelf. I'm limiting my Kindle choices until I catch up. That being said, here goes:

I don't know what I like most about Benjamin Black's books - the plot twists or the sense of actually being in Ireland. My affinity for Quirke is stronger with each book. The plot moved well and it wasn't until very close to the end that I saw where it was going. Not a long read. Highly recommend.

Additional note about this series of books. They're actually set in the 1950s and Black is very good at placing you in specific spots in Dublin or parts of the Irish countryside. You can find every spot he talks about on the map, which makes them fun for Jim and I to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment