Friday, February 13, 2009

Crazy Night

Well, I think we're all officially down for the count, finally. I've left Christian sound asleep in bed and Jim downstairs getting ready to watch Battlestar Galactica. The day's just been really stressful. Jim and I both have colds - mine hit me about the time I started bragging about having nine days off in a row (which doesn't turn out to be the truth - I'm working Sunday) and Jim's is just starting. Rosanne's had sinus headaches accompanied by the requisite amount of complaining. And the kids are bouncing off the ceiling, for no particular reason. Probably because everyone just wants it quiet. My plan was to watch "Nights In Rodanthe" from Netflix and make it an entire grown up evening, but it made more sense to put in "Mary Poppins" and hope the little guys wanted to watch it. Of course we also had to deal with the cat trying to open the dog food bag, kids wanting snacks, kids wanting juice, a cat knocking over the open bin of dog food trying to get to the new bag of dog food. It was just chaos central, but they're finally asleep. Boring post, I know, but part of the point is to get the tension out there, right?

Do you ever watch that show "Jon & Kate Plus Eight"? I've only watched it once, and they had a family tv night where they all sat down to watch a nature video. Only problem was, Mom kept naming the animals on the show after her kids, so when the lion came out and ate the monkey, all hell broke loose in the tv room. Should have known better.

No comments:

Post a Comment