Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stop and Smell the Roses (or Hydrangeas, as the Case May Be)

One of the original intents in my blogging was to have a place for clearing my head once in a while. I guess you can guess that my head hasn't been too clear lately. It is very tempting to blame one of my forebears for the nasty, self-pitying side of my temperament, but I think I have to own it all myself. All too often I let myself dwell on the difficulties in my life, but if I've learned anything in the last few months, it's that many people have it much more difficult than I.

This last weekend was great, weather-wise, and it was the perfect opportunity to drag the kids outdoors and get some major work done in the yard. We cleaned the hill, we planted roses and strawberries, and one of us stopped to enjoy the flowers! Life wasn't perfect, but we found plenty of opportunity to laugh, play, and appreciate the time we had together. So my goal is to pull myself out of the pity party a little more often, just in case I miss something really fun.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Post here Kathy. I love the pic and the ones you put on facebook. I sure miss talking to you at times. Just wanted you to know I'm here for you, you can call anytime.

    ReplyDelete