Friday, June 12, 2009

Morning Chuckle


There is an apple tree in our backyard. It's not very old and it's not very big. We generally get about six apples a year, and frankly, they aren't very good. But it is a great temptation to little ones, especially since the apples are so low to the ground. There has been a constant litany this spring - don't pick the apples until Grandma or Grandpa says it's okay. Well, they didn't pick the apples. As I was sitting on the patio drinking coffee this mornig, something in the apple tree looked a little odd. I went over to look, and sure enough, someone had been eating apples. But they didn't take them off the tree! See, that's progress!!

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty funny. Next year you will have to add to the instructions "Don't eat the apples"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except no one eats them anyway. I wish I'd seen them doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't grandkids wonderful? Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still chuckling.. sure t'wasn't ta wee folk? That's a story to remember forever. I envy you having little ones around. :))

    ReplyDelete