Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dad

None of us ever really talks about today, but I think the same thought is there for all of us. We may not have known him as well as we'd have hoped. Our memories of him may not all be rosy. There may be a lot of questions about who he really was and what he was really like. The bottom line, though, is that we love him. At this moment I'm shedding the tears that I pretty much keep at bay every time I think of him. I believe that the best parts of him live in each of his children. There are parts of myself that I like to tell myself are my connections to Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    I was talking to Terri today and telling her that every January 6th for the rest of her life she will think about her Mom's passing on that day.That is because for the last 39 years on August 1st I remember Dad. You would think after so many years you would forget, but you don't. I tend to think I'm the more mellower version of him. I have had a few more years to mellow out and figure out what is important. At 39 your still a kid, I'm still growing up here!

    ReplyDelete