Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Uncle Larry

It is unbelievably sad and just unimaginable that our Uncle Larry was killed. The physical distance between us adds a kind of buffer; my sad thoughts can't possibly compare with the deep stabbing pain his family is feeling. We hadn't seen each other since my grandmother died, but his weekly checking in emails were always a joy and did so much to help us hold onto the love we had for each other. As my youngest uncle, he was the one who seemed the most playful, the one that understood us best and was so great at being a kid, even when he was in his sixties. I hope that there is something I can say to make his wife and sons as well as his brothers and sisters, know how much I loved and admired him.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said Kathy. I had to pull down an old photo I have of him and I and take a look at it. I was 2 and a half years old when the picture was taken, so he would have been 15 years old. I bought a sympathy card yesterday, and it was very hard as there is nothing in a card that can bring comfort in this situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you would post the photo.

    ReplyDelete