Saturday, May 22, 2010

Checking In

We had a great day today. Mom came down to see Christian's last t-ball game of the season. The weather swung back and forth between cool and warm - lots of puffy clouds and a gentle breeze. We all had pizza at the team party and Christian loves his bobble-head trophy. Each player got a special award - his was for the Season's Best Hit. Rosanne and I cleaned a cupboard and Jim and the kids washed a car. We were busy and all felt like we accomplished something.

In addition to the dog, three cats and two birds, we are now watching over an aquarium of tadpoles. They aren't staying - as they turn into frogs the neighbor's taking them home to his pond. I'm sure you can't see them in this photo, but the playhouse porch is where they're living for the time being.
Knitting has slowed down considerably since I finished Kenzie's cape. The books I've requested at the library are coming fast and furiously, too fast for me to keep up with them. I just finished a fun ghost story called The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb. It's really pretty close to being a gothic novelty. A fast read that I had a hard time putting down. Denny, you might like it; Scott and Mike, give it a miss, I think.
So tell me, what's your favorite ghost story.

No comments:

Post a Comment