Sunday, August 22, 2010

I heard Grandma Norris's voice in the library a while back. Not really, of course; I quickly connected the voice I heard to one of our computer patrons. But for a few brief moments I was joyful and felt that all was well with the world. The incident keeps coming back to my mind in various ways. What does she think about all of us? Are we passing muster? Is she frowning at that sarcastic tone I used with Rosanne the other day? And all of that is important to me. The bottom line is that I would like my children and grandchildren to feel about me the same way I feel about her. Tough shoes to fill.

I may be in trouble, though - I saw Jim's mom in my exercise class.

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel Kathy. She had a way of making us all feel we were special. It took many years to realize that I wasn't her favorite. In fact, I'm sure there were many times where I disappointed her. We were all her favorite when we were with her. I miss her dearly and like you, I hope she approves of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason I don't think you were her favorite is because I know I was! I think she made us feel special because she really listened to us. And don't worry, she approves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Please check out mine. I run a collaborative blog - DysfunctionalBeginnings.com. Literary works about growing up, family, and beginnings in general (expressed in a variety of medium!) Submissions go to dysfunctionalbeginnings@gmail.com.
    thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete