Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update (and Excuses, I Guess)

I keep meaning to add something here, but somehow just haven't had the time/inspiration to do it. My primary excuse is that I'm waiting for the pictures. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I was reading a book the other day and came across this line (paraphrased): Sometimes I feel like I spend my life pulling boulders up the hill, and every time I let loose just a little bit, one of them goes rolling back down to the bottom. In my first "aha" moment I was thinking, "This describes my life exactly" and I spent the next few minutes wallowing in and thoroughly enjoying my self pity. Then another thought hit me: Who made me responsible for pulling all those boulders anywhere? Hmmm.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I can blame her entirely, although it's tempting! Just kidding, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there were times when I sure didn't help, acually there were imes when I was a real pain in your life.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. But isn't that a brother's job?

    ReplyDelete