Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Status Check

So the goal I stated for last month was to simplify, to get the clutter cleared. And how well have I done? Not so well, I'm afraid, but I did accomplish this much:

  • Two cabinets cleared out and organized
  • Kitchen counter and sideboard cleared once in a major way, and pretty well maintained, day to day
  • Yarn stash reduced and organized

Like I said, not so much. But I haven't given up - my goal for the next month is to get the kitchen cabinets done. Surely, I can accomplish that much.

There are times that I marvel that we get anything done around here. I keep expecting the chaos to lessen, but it's not happening. I have to stop myself once in a while to remember that to school age kids in the house means that things may not stay on track. I don't know how Mom did it; I certainly can't. It feels like we all fly from one thing to another. Homework is a major undertaking. Clutter piles up higher than we can keep up with. But there's been time for the fun stuff, too - a couple of bike rides, the long promised trip to Disneyland for Mackenzie's birthday. Life is pretty good.




No comments:

Post a Comment