Sunday, January 5, 2014

Have A Little Faith - Review (Sort of)

Mitch Albom is one of those authors that I've tried to avoid, just on principle. From the comments made by friends, his book seemed like they were going to be overly sentimental, not an area I go into very willingly. But I decided it was unfair to not even give him a try, so I downloaded one of his books from the library and dove in.

It was wonderful. He writes about two men of faith - a rabbi and a pastor in Detroit who works with the homeless - and about his relationship with them. The book was an examination of faith as experienced from two different directions, and I emerged from the reading wanting to know both of these men.

I'll definitely be reading more of Albom's books. Guess I should listen to people more often!

2 comments:

  1. Have you read I think it's called "Tuesdays with Morrie" pretty emotional stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read it - I think it's similar to the one I read. I know it's emotional, but for once I welcomed it. A good excuse to cry.

    ReplyDelete