Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July

It's been so long since I've been on here - plenty of excuses, but mostly because I just haven't had the time. We had a wonderful ten days with the Seattle family; ups and downs, of course, but in the end it was good to be with them and we'll miss them terribly.

Our July 4th was great - a little time to pull the house in order, some time to unwind, and then to Great Grandma's for fireworks. The little guys have missed going up there so much. And we haven't had "street" fireworks in years. Christian loved every minute of it; Mackenzie had had enough pretty quickly. She made us cover her ears for her the whole time and I finally just took her into the house to watch tv with Great Grandpa. But it was great, and it made me miss the old days of sitting in the street for fireworks. Nothing will ever be so simple again, but then I guess it was simple for us because we only had the fun, not the work.

I'll be back to blogging soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment