Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mackenzie



Seven years ago today we welcomed Mackenzie into our family. She was a cross, cranky, little baby. I know I'm supposed to say that didn't last, but it kind of did. Only now she is determined to live life her way and to learn to do as much as she can on her own.

She's been excited for days; the countdown to today started weeks ago. This morning, her eyes popped open (after a little prodding cuz she's not a morning person) and the first thing she said is "I'm SEVEN!" Apparently, seven is much better than six. She's taking cookies to her classmates and has a bowling birthday party planned that includes two school friends. It's a happy day for her and for us too.

Even when she's cross and cranky, I couldn't love her more.

Pictures to follow, I hope. Camera is a bit iffy.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very fancy dress, fit for a lovely looking birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete