Saturday, January 5, 2013

Zoo Day

I haven't had a full weekend off in more weeks than I care to remember, so when I found myself free this weekend, we decided to go on a family outing. Off to the zoo we went.

We chose Los Angeles - it's much more reasonably priced than the San Diego Zoo. It's not as large, but that didn't end up mattering much. We couldn't cover it all anyway. The kids were reasonabl excited about going, although they complained about the drive. Their primary interests seemed to be snacks and souvenirs, but we got past all that and saw some interesting stuff. James wanted to see a snow leopard, which we found. I wanted to see gorillas. Christian wanted to see the monkeys with the red butts, which we didn't find, but was satisfied with the orangutans. Mackenzie mostly wanted to shop. They all loved LAIR (the Living Amphibian, Invertebrate and Reptile exhibit), which I skipped. The weather was gorgeous and it wasn't too crowded.

A good day to remember.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day.... I stay away from snakes and slithering things too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I got to sit down!! Lots of fun people watching at the zoo. Women walking downhill pushing strollers and wearing leggings should be very careful!

    ReplyDelete