Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Book Site

Not much to blog about here - my brain is just not engaged. But I will pass on info about a web site that was sent to me at work:

http://www.goodreads.com/

If you haven't seen it before, it's a site where you can list books you've read, want to read, want to forget, etc. There's book recommendation capabilities, networking stuff; in many ways it's like Librarything (http://www.librarything.com/), just a little newer. I signed up to try it out and I think it will be fun. If my house can't be organized, at least my reading list will be. And I think I'll go back to Librarything, too; they have a couple of programs where you can get free books to review.

5 comments:

  1. I liked the site. You just have to be careful with books your reading, as the reviews sometimes give a little too much of the story! We all seem to be a bunch of book freaks. I had a whole day planned today, and I brought home a book from the library, and all the other plans got thrown out the window. My DVR is Backing up as I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's the book? Did you join the site? Guess I could go take a look. Come on Mike and Denny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book is "Leather maiden" by Joe Lansdale. It has turned a bit dark, but what did I expect with that title! It has been a fast read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting sights here, I think I will browse thru them on Sunday (My next day off)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting sights here Kathy. I'll check them out on my day off when i can spend a few hours. Denny and I both use Kindle's. It helps us keep organized but a bit pricey to start out with.

    ReplyDelete