Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Old TV Shows

What is with our fascination with old tv shows? I know, our obsession with "Dark Shadows" is getting a little weird, but it is providing a lot of laughs. I had to call Scott this morning to complain that that Victoria Winters is a gossip and can't be trusted to keep her mouth shut about anything! I'd fire her butt!

But "Dark Shadows" hasn't been my only foray into television history. We watched the entire first four seasons of "The Sopranos" on dvd, and we faithfully watched all of "Ballykissangel" through Netflix. I tried to watch "Leave It to Beaver," but somehow it didn't live up to the memories.

What tv shows would you like to watch ad infinitum? Which ones have you watched, and with what success? "Fess up, you guys.

5 comments:

  1. Well Kathy we have discussed some already, such as "Ozzie and Harriet", "Father knows Best".
    There is one I just love which you see occasionally which isn't that old " The Wonder years" who ever wrote that show grew up in our era, just fabulous writing. There are lot of other great TV shows, but with TV land and Nick at night, they have suffered from over saturation! Night Court was one I used to think was real funny, but have seen a few re-runs and not that funny anymore. Who has time anymore for old TV as you Rogers have shown me all these new shows that I DVR keep me very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about "Wonder Years." You can still catch Fred Savage's voice (I think) on "Oswald," one of our Noggin regulars. He can still sound like he's 10 years old.
    I guess there is a lot to watch on new tv, but sometimes you need an old familiar to help you zone out, at least I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I never thought of him in relation to that big purple dinosaur. Rosanne thought he was pretty scary looking; she liked Ben Cross better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like watching The Andy Griffith Show. We're actually watching it right now. Mash is one of my favorites too. I always thought I like Leave it to Beaver but can't figure why I did. My Three Sons was a keeper also.

    ReplyDelete