Saturday, October 3, 2009

Memories of Washington


What a wonderful trip, and thank you to all of those in Washington who made us welcome. Only when I got home did I realize that I didn't have the camera out for some of the best moments (I got at least one of them, as you can see). Not one single picture of my brothers or Denny. Don't count on me to be the family chronicler!
More than many of our other trips to Seattle, this one was about connecting and reconnecting in a big way. Among the things I'll remember are:
  • James playing soccer
  • Allie making me feel like she wanted to spend time with me, even though she's 13
  • Meeting Denny again and spending a lot of time just chatting
  • Shedding some tears and then some laughter with my brothers over days gone by
  • Listening to Mike and Scott play guitar, even if it was for only one evening
  • Riding the ferry with Gil, Jenny and James
  • Listening to James complain that he wanted to go home, until we reached Fort Casey and he decided he couldn't possibly leave yet
  • Lunch with Mike and Scott in the Pike Place Market, looking out over the Sound
  • Getting to know more about Denny and finding out we really are kindred spirits
  • "Theme Day Meals" - Mexican day, Hamburger day, Grease day (my innards are still protesting)
I'm sure there are many more memories that will pop up as the days go by, but the sense I came home with is that my family's pretty special. I hope we can do it all again soon. Hope the rest of you loved it too.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great trip Kathy! We had one day of group therapy which was needed. I too enjoyed our theme days of dining, especially grease day! Hopefully we can have more trips like that in the future!

    ReplyDelete