Sunday, April 21, 2013

Goodbye to an Era


Any one in my family will tell you that I do not care about cars. When it's time to buy a new one, I send Jim out and say "Bring back whatever you want. I don't care." And I don't. Rosanne cares much more than I do. Christian and Mackenzie care more than I do.

Fifteen years ago she and Matt went out with Jim (at least I think they went) and they came home with a white Explorer. To me, it drove like a truck. It never seemed all that comfortable. It had a lot of space for loading stuff, and boy did we pack it in sometimes. The back seat used to seem roomy, but has felt more cramped in the last couple of years.

Well last week it was time to say goodbye, and I found out I cared. There were a lot of memories in that car - it was part of our family for a long time. I hope its next life is as much fun and that it is as useful to another family as it has been for us.

So, goodbye, dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment