Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Still Thinking

The atmosphere around here is definitely different - my "interior" atmosphere, that is. We still deal with the day-to-day stuff with the kids and everyone's hectic schedule atmosphere. I'm tired. It's time for a change. I won't go into lots of detail here. I'm fine, but I'm ready to make some changes - and I hope they are major. For me it will mean more reading, more knitting, less tv, and less cooking! And fewer library shifts. I know you are all my cheerleaders, and we are moving toward easier times here. Enough said for now.

As to my latest book (The Fate of Mercy Alban - Wendy Webb), I was hoping to be able to recommend a rousing ghost story. But it wasn't strictly a ghost story, and it was "pretty good," not great. However, it was a good read, not a waste of time. I got Mike's book recommendation from Goodreads the other day - I hope to see more.

5 comments:

  1. You go girl. Couldn't love you more. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Kathy. Denny and I are reading the Dome by Stephen King. It's a re-read for me and Denny is enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a hard time with Stephen King, although I've heard that he'll be considered one of the classic writers of our age. The creepiness in his stories just kind of sinks into my bones - way too much for me. Guess I need a kinder, gentler world right now - wait a minute - how many bloody mysteries are on my list?

      Delete
  3. Good to hear Kathy. I had to make a change with my work and all the overtime hours I used to work. I still could use the money, but I couldn't handle all the aggravation that comes with putting in 55 to 60 hour weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I was feeling weird about it, but I'm pretty much over that. At some point your time becomes more important than the money.

      Delete