Friday, March 27, 2009

Thirty-Eight Years and Counting

I am tempted to say, "I really wanted a much better picture than this," but in many ways this is one of the most familiar and endearing sides of my husband, so the photo stands. Thirty-eight years ago today I married Jim, and I have not regretted it for a single instant. He is always kind; he is always generous. He always treats me as if I am the most important thing in his world. He faces the day-to-day challenges of this household calmly (mostly) and I think he always believes that happy times are just around the corner. I hope we have another thirty-eight years ahead of us. Whatever we have, I know it will be wonderful. His children love him, his grandchildren love him, and I will always love him.

5 comments:

  1. Kathy I have had trouble remembering my own anniverseries, but for some reason I have always remembered Jim and yours was on the 27th of March! Happy anniversary, hope you have had a great day! Jim's a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations too my two favorite people
    Love
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you guys. We actually had a great evening. Tim and Judie invited us for wine and invited a couple of other neighbors. We got to stay out until MIDNIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely blog.. Congratulations! and God Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh.. I just looked more closely at that picture. Is that 'my' door? :))

    ReplyDelete