Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I have pointedly tried to avoid making new year's resolutions over the past few years, but this will be a year of change. There are a lot of factors that make the time ripe, and I firmly believe that with some organization and a tool to keep my thoughts on track, I can turn this into a very productive year.

Circumstances of the last couple of years have left me unbalanced and unfocussed. It's time to remember who I am and what is really important to me. Trying to fill the needs of so many around me has left me empty. I know I have no one but myself to blame, but that means that am also responsible for the changes to be made.

There are so many areas where I could begin, but the most important will be the expression of my faith. My church feels far away. It's too much of an effort for me to get out of the house on Sunday morning. And yet in my heart I'm depending on the Lord's plan and his help in getting me through my days. And so my first resolution is to build that relationship I have with Him, knowing that his hand will make the rest of my changes easier. I can make this change by devoting time for prayer, every day. There are people I need to pray for, every day. And a prayer journal will help a lot, if I can just make myself take time for it. So here it is, my commitment to time spent every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment