Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day, Red Sock

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the inauguration festivities today. It was so uplifting to see the hope and renewed pride that was evident in the faces of so many people. Barack Obama has a huge job ahead of him; no man may be capable of succeeding what he must try. But I think he'll give it his best and that the atmosphere of change that surrounds him will be a great boost to our country.

And now on to the important stuff - I've knitted about three inches on my first sock. If I hadn't left the camera at Mom's, I'd post a picture just to remind myself of the euphoria I'm feeling over this sock. I'm knitting on size 8 needles and the yarn is a red Wool-Ease with flecks of color, kind of tweedy. I hope I can do this; I'm sure enjoying the trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment